Thursday 13 August 2009

Meet Anna - one of our Pedal Studio Riders


I just wanted to let you know that I've really enjoyed the sessions I've attended so far at Pedal Studio and I'm starting to feel an improvement on the road as well.

On 28th June I took part in the Capital to Coast bike ride, raising funds for the Down's Syndrome Association. 60 miles from London to Hove. It was really great - for once I didn't have to worry about the traffic, the route had some amazing views (and a few hills too!), organisation was great and the road not too crowded, pure enjoyment.

This was probably the most I've ever done on my bike, so I was a bit worried at first, but I managed 4 hours, including some breaks, at a comfortable pace and average heart rate in the green zone. Yes, once you get used to them zones, you can't do without them!

Spin classes have really helped me in achieving that, not only getting fitter but also learning how to control my pace. Setting the goal in turn motivated me to keep going regularly, great combination.

And thanks again for the recommendations - I did a session with Pat Leahy and had a chat with him about training. While I'm not sure if I'll be able to train with them regularly, I'm thinking about doing the Vo2max test to finally know for sure where the different zones really are, really interesting stuff.

Cheers
Anna

ps. I really recommend this ride - registrations for 2010 are already open: www.capitaltocoast.org.uk

1 comment:

Andrew Clayton said...

Good work Anna, let us know what the next adventure is !
A