Thursday 18 June 2009

The Race Against Time (TRAT)

Hi,

I’m Iain Houston, partner of Bryony Evens, who is a Pedal Studio regular and has been since the studio first opened.

Bryony is helping me raise funds for The Race Against Time (TRAT) which is a fast, six day ride from Land’s End to John o’ Groats in aid of the Bishop Simeon Trust. The Bishop Simeon Trust do vital work in South Africa dealing with the social and economic effects of the AIDS/HIV pandemic on both adults and children. I would be very grateful for any support that you are able to give me and the charity.

If anyone would like to read more about me, the ride or the charity there is a lot of information on my TRAT blog at: http://theraceagainsttime.wordpress.com/about

If you are able to sponsor me, visit my Just Giving page at: http://www.justgiving.com/iain_houston

I have been impressed by how much Bryony’s cycling has come on since she joined the studio and I’m intending to join her myself after TRAT is over, just to keep ahead of her if nothing else. I’m 40 this year, so I’m starting a programme to get as fit and healthy as I can over the next 12 months and I think that spinning will be a big help as part of that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Best wishes,

Iain

1 comment:

Bryony said...

Thanks for publicising this ride Andrew. They're well into day 3 now and there are photos, reports and videos from the road on the Race Director's blog if anyone wants to see the team in action! I'm extraordinarily impressed with how fast they are going. They're heading north through Merseyside and Lancashire today to the south Lake District, ready for Shap Fell tomorrow morning.
http://bishopsimeontrust.wordpress.com/