Sunday 7 June 2009

Q&A with Mieka Takhar - Competition Winner

So what sport are you into?
I used to cycle a lot, but now I focus on spinning. I like to keep a balance with yoga, as well, but for the moment I'm focusing more on the bike.

When did you start Spinning and why?
I started spinning about ten years ago, as part of my training for the California AIDS Ride. I really like the combination of high intensity/low impact; it's perfect for me.

How did you manage to cram in so many Spin classes, how many again?
I work from home, so I can manage my schedule in such a way that I'm able to spin a lot. It's my favorite type of cardio workout, because it reminds me of cycling; I've been going 4-5 times a week for the past several weeks.

What affects did it have?
I'm finding I have a new depth in understanding of my workouts, in part because of the Suunto monitors, and definitely because of the knowledge being shared by the instructors.

Any plans to become an instructor?
I don't have any plans to become an instructor, no. I just enjoy the ride!

What do you like the most about PS and the least?
Pedal Studio has a great sense of community; it's a friendly environment. And, I enjoy the way the classes are structured as training sessions, and not merely cardio classes. I feel like I'm learning about my workout, in addition to getting a workout.

Any tips for folks out there?
Have fun!

Any races coming up?
I've actually never participated in any races, and I don't really have any on the agenda.

Are you coming on the boat cruise on the 8 August?
Yes, I intend to be there!

No comments: