Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fort William - DH and XC mountain bike guide

James Shirley:
DH and XC mountain bike guide

I am a qualified Trail Cycle Leader and have been guiding for the last couple years. I have a likeable easy going personality and a passion for mountain biking. I grew up around Fort William and since the age of eleven have raced bikes at national level.

I started out my career as an XC whippet finishing 3rd overall, for my age group, in the Scottish Cross Country Series three years in a row. My attention these days is now focused on downhill with a few endurance races thrown in for good measure. I ride in the expert category for downhill and have competed all over Britain, France and New Zealand. As for the endurance races, I have been on the podium at all the No Fuss events as well as at Mountain Mayhem and Sleepless in the Saddle.

Born and bred in Lochaber, I know the best places to ride. There are some fantastic purpose built XC tracks as well as some epic adventures to be had through the mountains. I will be there to point you in the right direction and, hopefully, teach you a few things along the way!

I also do skills days on the world cup downhill track at Nevis Range. I can show you the fastest lines and give some advice to boost your confidence and improve your speed.

With my experience and local knowledge, you will have fun exploring exciting trails and learning new skills.

Andrew Clayton used James as his guide when he tackled the World Cup Down Hill track. 'James was fantastic'

If you up there, try him out - drop him a line

Mobile no: 07584022481
Email: Jamborghini@msn.com
Rate: £15 + £15/hr
He takes a max of 6 in a group or 1 on 1

For further info check this awesome web site out - http://mtbrideguide.com/


No comments: